HEALTH AND SAFETY
STS recognizes the value of good practice in health and safety and industry compliance. We take great care to ensure that our written policies and procedures have a real impact on our day to day workings. We don’t be-lieve in paperwork for paperwork’s sake. We regularly undertake audits of our working practices and constantly review our polidies to ensure that what we say we will do matches what we do in the field.
Where appropriate we can provide copies of the following:
- Site specific risk assessments
- Generic risk assessments
- Method statements
- Health and safety policy
- Environmental policy
- Records of staff qualifications
- Public and employer liability insurance up to £5million
We can also provide clients with details on our compliance with:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
- Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations Regulations (LOLER)
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Work at Height Regulations
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations
STS are Arboricultural Association Approved Contractors
Based in Madeley, near Crewe, we undertake work within a hundred mile radius of our base. Operations include pruning (deadwood removal, crown reductions, crown thinning, crown raising and cleaning), felling, dismantling, site clearance and stump removal. We also install non-invasive cable brace systems to support weak or damaged trees.
We aim to meet the needs of our customers while also preserving the quality of trees for future generations. All of our work conforms to the BS3998 standard for tree work. We understand that tree work is potentially hazardous and we are committed to Health and Safety in all our activities. We carry out site specific risk assessments prior to commencement of any work.
All STS Contractors UK Ltd staff are regularly updated with training in all the latest techniques for tree work & related operations to ensure compliance with industry guidelines. We hold public liability and employers liability insurance of £5 million.
Call STS on